Unrig Summit 2019 is over.
You can see the plenaries below.
Friday, March 29 at 1:00pm – 2:00pm CDT
At Friday’s opening plenary, Nashville Mayor David Briley and longtime public official Howard Gentry will welcome you to Music City to kick off Unrig Summit 2019. Marc Merrill, Co-Founder of Riot Games, will host the event, and you’ll hear from:
- The Honorable Senator Nina Turner, Former State Senator (D-OH) and President of Our Revolution;
- Zoe Reiter of Transparency International; and
- Congressman Mike Gallagher (R-WI)
with a special live music performance by Jason Eskridge.
Saturday Morning Plenary &
How They Won: Strategies from the 2018 Frontlines
Saturday, March 30 at 9:00am – 10:30am CDT
Spoken word artist Regie Gibson will open Saturday’s programming at Unrig. Hosted by actor Max Carver and Jen Johnson of RepresentUs, Part 1 of the Morning Plenary will feature short talks from:
- Tequila M. Johnson, Co-Founder and Vice President, The Equity Alliance;
- Lawrence Lessig, Harvard Professor; and
- State Representative Ruth Buffalo, North Dakota House of Representatives.
Then, Campaign Legal Center’s Trevor Potter, Erin Chlopak, and Paul Smith will have a short discussion on some of the biggest developments in democracy issues.
In Part 2 of the Morning Plenary, actor Jennifer Lawrence moderates a panel featuring leaders of stand-out 2018 campaigns. Since last year’s Unrig Summit, participants have gone on to lead successful campaigns to:
- Stop gerrymandering in Michigan and Utah (Katie Fahey, Voters Not Politicians; Catherine Kanter, Better Boundaries);
- Re-enfranchise 1.4M Floridians (Desmond Meade, Florida Rights Restoration);
- Close the revolving door between lawmakers and lobbyists in Missouri (Sean Nicholson, Clean Missouri);
- Pass sweeping anti-corruption reform in North Dakota (Dina Butcher, North Dakotans for Public Integrity); and
- Become the first state in the nation to use Ranked Choice Voting (Kyle Bailey, The Committee for Ranked Choice Voting).
Come hear directly from the leaders of these campaigns and learn how to become part of the next wave of Unrig victories.
Saturday, March 30 at 8:00pm – 9:30pm CDT
Unrigged Live! is the marquee event of the Summit: an inspiring evening of live music, stand-up comedy, and short speeches, hosted by Jennifer Lawrence and Ed Helms.
- Josh Silver, RepresentUs Director;
- Kate Gilmore, UN Deputy High Commissioner for Human Rights;
- Emma González, of March for Our Lives; and
- Desmond Meade, voting rights leader
with comedy from Saturday Night Live alum, Sasheer Zamata, and incredible live music from Taylor Goldsmith, Katie Pruitt, Courtney Marie Andrews, and The New Respects.
Sunday, March 31 at 12:45pm – 2:00pm CDT
The summit’s final plenary session will be hosted by Nora Gilbert from RepresentUs, and includes short talks from:
- Howard Schultz, former Starbucks CEO;
- Kerry Healey, former Lt. Governor (R-MA);
- DeRay Mckesson, Civil Rights Activist, Author, and Host of Pod Save the People;
- Mark McKinnon, Executive Producer of Showtime’s “The Circus”;
- Katherine Gehl, Former President & CEO, Gehl Foods; and
- Renaldo Pearson, Co-Mission Director of Democracy Spring
with a special live music performance.