Event Management encourages the free exchange of ideas and opinions, lively debate, and disagreement in pursuit of solutions to our nation’s political crisis, and we insist that such expression be made with respect for the dignity and freedom of other members of the Unrig community.
As such, the Unrig Code of Conduct is provided to ensure that expression, debate, and disagreement stay within the collaborative, respectful, and solutions-oriented spirit of the event. Event Management reserves the right to remove any Unrig participant if they engage in any activity that may violate the Code of Conduct.
By attending Unrig Spotlight, attendees understand and agree to the following:
Unrig attendees are prohibited from making any statements or engaging in any activities that could reasonably be interpreted as supporting or opposing any candidate or political party in an election in conjunction with Unrig Spotlight. Attendees may not solicit support or donations for any candidate or political party (or criticize any opponent or opposing political party) in conjunction with Unrig Spotlight.
Emergencies, Disruptions, and Misconduct
- In the event of any safety hazard (e.g., fire), or security or medical incident, attendees should immediately notify New World Center staff and Event Management, and follow their instructions appropriately.
- In the event of any incident or behavior that may violate this Code of Conduct, including disruptions, sexual harassment, sexual assault, or other sexual misconduct, attendees are strongly encouraged to immediately notify Event Management. In order to protect the privacy and personal safety of Unrig attendees, violations of this Code of Conduct, including incidents of sexual harassment, sexual assault, or other sexual misconduct, can also be reported by emailing [email protected]. Please note that Event Management will promptly relay all reported incidents or allegations of unlawful behavior to local law enforcement in accordance with applicable laws.
Unrig Spotlight is an “open source” event. By attending the event, you grant the event organizers, as well as companies they engage with for the purpose of Unrig Spotlight, all rights and permissions associated with using your image or likeness in any photographs, audio recordings, or video recordings, as well as in any reproductions or adaptations of these materials, for publications, web properties, promotional materials, archival materials, or for any other similar purpose, without compensation. This may include, but is not limited to, the use of these materials in printed or online publicity, social media, press releases, and funding applications.
Attendees Under 18
All attendees ages of 13-17 who are not accompanied by an adult must complete and send the Parent/Legal Guardian Permission & Release Form to [email protected]. Attendees under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Attendees are solely responsible for their personal property and equipment, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Event Management, RepresentUs Education Fund, and the New World Center from any claim, damage, liability, injury, expense, or loss arising out of any intentional or negligent acts or omissions, including any third-party claims. Event Management, RepresentUs Education Fund, the New World Center, and the New World Symphony are not responsible for any materials, equipment, signage, or any other event related items that are left unattended.
The following acts are prohibited at Unrig Spotlight:
- Violation of any federal, state, or local law, or any New World Center House Policies.
- Harassing, intimidating, or causing physical harm or reasonable apprehension of physical harm.
- Discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, or any other status or classification prohibited by law.
- Sexual and/or gender-based harassment or violence, including sexual assault, stalking, intimate partner violence, or sexual harassment.
- Lewd, obscene, abusive, or disruptive conduct; interfering with Unrig Spotlight activities; interfering with the freedom of expression of others; or failing to comply with the directions of New World Center or Event Management officials, including police officers and Event Moderators acting in the performance of their duties.
- Smoking inside the New World Center, on the roof garden, in the entire gated area between the campus and the parking garage, and within 100 feet of any outside door, including the area adjacent to Miami Beach Soundscape.
- The possession, storage, or sale of any weapon or ammunition; the use of any item in a manner that poses a potential hazard to the safety or health of others; or the unauthorized use, possession, and/or distribution of any controlled substance, illegal drugs, or drug paraphernalia.